Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's my age again?

I have no words...but I will tomorrow when I blog like a giddy 14 year old Jonas Brothers fan about the amazingness (a word, definitely) that was tonight's episode of Skins.

Edit: Okay, so I didn't exactly blog about this "tomorrow." I'm sure the three people who read this were waiting with bated breath. But here I am! And I've decided not to recap, because autostraddle.com and afterellen.com have already brilliantly done so. All I will say is, even though Naomi acted like a proper moron and cheated on Emily, the episode was wonderfully written, directed, and acted, and was therefore thoroughly enjoyable. Apparently, it angered many a fan, but come on now - it's a TV show. Drama is a requirement, people. True the whole "omfglmnop someone cheated" trope is quite tired, but I think, in some way, it works for Naomi's character. Or maybe *worked* for her character, as she was originally coming to terms with being in a relationship and perhaps feeling "trapped," as Sophia's note said.

Regardless, Skins remains one of the best representations of thesbianism on television to date, and for that I will gleefully continue to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment