Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And I kneeeew...

I just watched a short HBO documentary called "When I Knew," featuring many gay and thesbian adults speaking about the moment or age where they realized they were homos beyond the sapien variety. Which got me thinking about when I knew, aka verrrrry late in life, if I'm going by what the people in the film said. And even when I knew, I kept telling myself that it wasn't true, so what could have been my monumental moment of clarity is mighty muddled (alliteration!). But it got me thinking - even though I figured everything out when I was about 20, there must have been signs beforehand. There must be signs where I should have known, hence the list entitled:

When I Should Have Known

1. When I was 11 and had an insane "admiration" for Drew Barrymore.
2. When I was 12 and had a similar "admiration" for one of my female teachers...yeah, these admirations happened a lot.
3. When I pictured myself getting married, I felt an uncomfortable fear. Except for the dress part, I felt only giddy excitement about that, obvs.
4. When I realized I preferred watching The L Word to hanging out with my boyfriend...seriously double you tee eff was I thinking??

No comments:

Post a Comment