Sunday, August 14, 2011

And you can tell everybody this is your song

My friend C's birthday was a couple weeks ago and, while she herself is not a thesbian, she is a friend to thesbian royalty and used to be an avid reader of Thesbian Palace. I say used to be because - I'm sure you, dear reader, have realized long ago - I haven't updated this here blog in months.

What happened? Have I left the thesbian "lifestyle"? Married Freddie Prinze Jr and had 2.5 children, like my gr. 7 diary so predicted?

SUPER SIZE MY BALLS

Nay my friends, nay. I've been around. I've hung out with some thesbians and non-thesbians, and sometimes, with half-thesbians (fact: bisexuals prefer this title).

Much has happened. I've moved back home, I've started working. I've partied it up some, both in my hometown and the nearby "big city." Life is good.

WHEEE

With summer in the air and sangria in my belly, it's time to blast some tunes. And here is a shocking admission:

Once, I nearly had my thesbian card taken away(!) due to the fact that I greatly dislike...yes, in fact practically hate...

Tegan and Sara.

KNOPE

What of it, thesbians? So I don't like your goddesses. I bet you all have differing opinions of mine, a Ms. Meryl J (I made that up) Streep. I find a whole lot of T&S songs depressing and oh, do their voices grate. I am perfectly content listening to 60s pop tunes instead.

Except for when I'm not. Thesbian Christmas parties just aren't the same when everyone's talking about the latest T&S concert they went to last night.

Everyone: "Omg did you see what Tegan was wearing?" "How funny was Sara?" "And then when they changed up that part in that song? I was just like --"
Me: "Hey this is a great chair, is it new?"
Everyone: "........."

Whatever. I still know all the words to Broadway's greatest hits, AND I appreciate interior design...I might be a gay man.

JK y'alls. What I mean to say is, I have good taste in music too. I am a mix tape (or CD, what decade am I in) queen. Here are a couple mixes I made just for you.

The Hook Up

-Some MGMT (I almost wrote MDMA lololol). I'll recommend "Electric Feel."
-Some Florence and the Machine. Anything by her, really, even the depressingly lyric'd "Cosmic Love." No one cares what she's singing about with that drum beat and melifluous wail.

After that it's like, what kind of hook up is this? Do you like to keep it super romantic? Otis Redding "I've Been Loving You Too Long." Want something a little edgy? Peaches "Fuck the Pain Away."

What not to hook up to? Michael Buble's "I Just Haven't Met You Yet." Oh yes, it happened. It accidentally started playing mid...you know. It turns out Mr. Buble is quite the psychic.

The Break Up

-"Romeo and Juliet" by The Indigo Girls. Thesbian points what whaaat
-"I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt. Title = enough said.
-"Sometime Around Midnight" by The Airborne Toxic Event
-"White Blank Page" by Mumford and Sons
-"It's Cool We Can Still Be Friends" by Bright Eyes

My break up list has more songs than my hook up list. Yep. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment