Saturday, December 26, 2009

Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear

Christmas has come and gone, with a relative lack of sadness. Strange, I know, but for the last five years or so, the build up to Christmas has always far surpassed the day itself. But the day itself was nice! Big Chinese food dinner. Many games played. Offered threats against former and future lovers from overprotective relatives. And hugs! Oh, so many hugs.

Then I had a DLG meeting (a name my two good friends and I came up with a couple of years ago, meaning "Don't Let Go"...long story). It was really a Christmas gathering/gift exchange, but we got into heavy subject matter, such as our futures and how utterly confused and penniless we feel. During our undergrads, we all had pretty clear visions of what we wanted our lives to look like. I've "known" since I was even younger. But we've hit a post-grad, post-money slump, and our ideas are becoming more and more muddled...

No comments:

Post a Comment